Steve surprised me with a wonderful 2 hour cruise down the Elizabeth River - the same sailboat we had been on with his MBA class years earlier. My good college friend Stephanie and her family were there, as was my new good friend Suzanne and her family (well, Tim had to work but joined us for dinner at the Outback later). We could hear Greyson (age 3) yelling surprise before we even made it to the front of the boat - and I still didn't get it. It had been a very stressful morning and Steve was working up until we left and even in the car on the way there (and unfortunately when we returned home). Finance guys shouldn't be allowed to marry someone who has a birthday fall at the end of a quarter! Thankfully once the friends emerged and the boat started moving (and we got a glass of wine) we were all able to relax and have a wonderful afternoon. I am so grateful for his efforts - and in the midst of everything he had going on. I am also grateful our friends could join us. It was a very special afternoon and a great way to celebrate life!
There was a singer on board who played tunes ranging from Jimmy Buffet to the Hokey Pokey! Here is a clip of everyone dancing to Rock around the Clock... I have to apologize in advance for the singing - you know I love to sing, and I forgot that it too would be recorded.
New spectacles!
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment