Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

We had great day - nothing like a Southern Baptist Easter service. I was very impressed to see a full orchestra - needless to say the music was fantastic! We also were witness to a full immersion baptism. Easter service is one of my favorites - it is what going to church is all about! I love to hear my kids say 'Jesus is Alive!'.

We spent Easter this year in Memphis, TN visiting Steve's parents (aka Magi and PopPop). It was a good old fashioned road trip, complete with 3 kids and a puppy! The first hour was very tense as the kids fought over which 2 would be able to play playstation first and the dog threw up. We tried telling them they should just be grateful to even have playstation in the car but that didn't really work - we had to turn it off for the night. Thankfully after that everyone settled into the fact that we still had 14 hours to go and I have to say that (all things considered) they all did very well. We played a lot of the alphabet game - remember that one?! A classic! We left friday after work, and made it to Memphis by Saturday late afternoon (yes we stopped overnight at a hotel - sleep is too precious so driving all night long was not a viable option). We had a great visit with Steve's parents. Here are the pictures from Easter day...



1 comment:

Quiver Full said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter! I am so happy to hear that the drive went well! It's not easy going on a long car ride with 3 small children and a dog. Very impressive!!

I love your pictures! I can't believe how tall Drew is. Just since December...he really shot up! I am glad you all had a nice visit!