We are so honored to have been included in a special gathering with the Kenney family. We love being so close to Steve's relatives Furman and Evelyn, and their son Bob and family. We have been able to see them several times already since moving here. This time I got to meet their daughter Martha, and Furman's neice Sally and husband Dan - and Steve hadn't seem them in many years. What a wonderful time we had! There were so many people at the dinner table, that we needed to split into 2 tables - there was a separate table for 4 and Furman insisted that he sit at the table with our three children. Furman said that as the mother I get to see them all the time, and he wanted time with them. I was praying that they would behave themselves and have good table manners. Thankfully we had already had a discussion about such things in the car on the drive there! I think they did okay, and Furman seemed to enjoy their company. The consensus was that Drew reminds everyone of his Daddy. Drew is at that age where he loves to talk and tell whatever comes to his mind. Quite entertaining I am sure! I enjoyed getting to know Martha, Sally, and Dan, and also to catch up on the goings on with Bob's family as well as Furman and Evelyn. We enjoyed getting an update from the newest W&M grad Patrick - congratulations! And Alex was quite the charmer with our three children - his new iPhone was a big hit! It was a special night for all of us - very thoughtful of them to include us in their gathering!!
No comments:
Post a Comment